sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2010 grand scenic with check handbrake,esp,abs and

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2010 grand scenic with check handbrake,esp,abs and braking system,also has serv light on
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Without knowing the exact wording of the other code and what module it was found in, the module power code may or may not be related to the ABS light. If it was found in the ABS module and was active then the module is either missing a power or ground due to a wiring or power distribution issue or the module has failed.

The speed sensor code is definitely related to the light coming on. If its a performance type code then it may be a damaged tone wheel that the sensor reads from or a loose wheel bearing causing the tone wheel air gap to change.

If it's a circuit code and the sensor has been replaced with a known good part then there is either an open circuit or short on the wiring between the sensor and module, or the module has failed. It's far more likely to be a wiring issue, usually an open circuit.