Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Matt, i have a 52 plate jaguar x type 2.1 V6 petrol. Just

Customer Question

Hi Matt, i have a 52 plate jaguar x type 2.1 V6 petrol. Just had nearside front suspension replaced and ever since its been done i keep getting varying degrees of the following.... not starting...warning lights for powertrain transmission....battery draining overnight.... wont move out of park to go to drive on auto box....engine management light showing !! Done a bit of my own research and i think an educated guess would be that they have disturbed/ damaged the earth strap that runs from the engine/or trans to the frame rail and this is causing some conflict with the electrics or ecu. Am i on the right track. Am at my wits end....its been back to the garage 5 times!! Alt and battery both been checked and are A1. Please help a desperate man.
Kind Regards, Vic
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

It is possible that this issue is due to a loose or corroded battery ground at or leading from the battery itself needing repaired or replaced.I have also seen faulty or failing electronic ignition switch cause this fault here needing replaced to correct this issue.This will have to be checked into/tested further to pinpoint and repair the cause.If the repair facility you have been taking it cannot locate the fault it would be a good idea to have a different repair facility look into the issue to see if they can locate and repair the cause of this issue here.I would have the electronic ignition switch tested to see if any faults are found with it to see if it needs replaced.It will need tested when the vehicle is acting up.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.Edit / deleted - Posted by mistake. MIKE

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I see someone else had posted here by mistake and has been edited.If you need anything else here let me know.

Thanks Pete