UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

My ford 6000cd radio displays the message "locked". This is

Customer Question
a rental and I have...
My ford 6000cd radio displays the message "locked". This is a rental and I have the code. Can I unlock it? The rental office don't seem to have a clue.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
8/26/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Lou P, UK Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Lou P
Lou P, UK Car Mechanic

Hello , can I have the vin of the vehicle please

WF0XXXBDFXAY63819

Ok thank you , from memory you have to leave the key on with the radio on until the word "locked" goes away and then you can enter code but I will double check.

But the radio won't go on as it's locked.

No that's what I mean. The word "locked" must be displayed

My number is ***** 07770 630023. I can't enter it in the space because the number format is different.

Ok turn the key on and press the number 6 and hold it and see if the radio unlocks

switch on key to aux position until locked goes off?
I spoke to a Ford service guy who said this took 30 minutes. Does that seem right?

Yes there are two ways to allow it to be unlocked so you can enter the code. One is to leave the key on and the radio display on u till it goes back to unlocked and the other is to turn on the key and hold the number 6 button to get it unlocked

And leaving the key on can take up to one hour so you may want to hook up a charger or let the van run

And your code seems long. Is that on a radio code card ?

If the code entered does not unlock it or it does not come off of the word "locked" then it needs to go to a dealer to have the radio unlocked with the scan tool. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

The code was on the dashboard windscreen.

No. Not the vin number. The radio code. It will be on a little credit card size card

the engine can run when waiting for it to allow you to enter the code?

Yes. It will waste gas :( but is better than letting the battery drain.

If the engine is running then surely it is the same as just driving. And it the word locked didn't go then.

Ok yes that is correct. Ok then try pressing and holding the number 6 button while the radio says locked

Also the power must be on for up to one hour continuous. So if you drive like that and still did not come off of locked then it may need to be uocked at a dealer

Lou P
Lou P
Lou P, UK Car Mechanic