auto tech
auto tech, auto tech
Experience:  auto tech 14 years ase cert
6166830

My 2009 Nissan Altima will not start. The security indicator

Customer Question

My 2009 Nissan Altima will not start. The security indicator light is on and the yellow key fob light is on. I just got new batteries for my fob and my brake lights and headlights work. My radio and windows have no power. I tried to lock door with fob
and wait 20 seconds and unlock manually, but still not working for me. The brake is tight and I tried to press on it multiple times to start. Not sure what to do now?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  auto tech replied 2 years ago.

hi , my name is ***** ***** i will help you with that , the problem your having is cause by a bad steering lock unit hat will need to be replace before the car will start , there is an extended warranty no some of the unit on some of the altima (not all) so the first thing you should do is call your local Nissan dealer and ask them to run your warranty to see if you the unit is covered , if ti si tow the car to the dealer as Nissan will pay the tow bill and have this fix for free , if not covered you will have to pay for the repair but i can get it done anywhere you just have to but the part that will run you about $700.

Expert:  auto tech replied 2 years ago.

but you can get it done anywhere sorry for the type-o

Expert:  auto tech replied 2 years ago.

let me know if you have any more questions , if not please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.

Expert:  auto tech replied 2 years ago.

hi i see you did not rate the service can you please come back and do so as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.