UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Just about to buy a 2005 Topaz 2.5 TDI with 30,000 on clock.

Customer Question
Could it be trouble, what...
Just about to buy a 2005 Topaz 2.5 TDI with 30,000 on clock. Could it be trouble, what should wee check for?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
8/19/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.. Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

The VW Topaz 2.5TDi is actually an excellent overall vehicle - The engine fitted to it is an excellent one - ideal pulling power for that vehicle - and its tried and tested in the Audi'd etc over the years. Its a very strong reliable and econ engine. The same applies to the transmission and basically all the Vw / Audi / VAG running gear - you shouldn't see any worries with this model.

Body wise of course it is what it is - its a case of checking it over individually as each one will be looked after in different ways / to different degrees.. but again, the same as the engine - with only 30k miles on the clock.. its like new... the engine / running gear etc inc , hardly run in yet!

I would suggest as I always do , to have a check done by the likes of the AA , or a good reliable mech... and - I would strongly suggest to have a history check done - to be sure there is no finance outstanding on it - no Police interests - no accident / write - off history and mileage verification check. There are many companies you can use - but I prefer the original HPI one... click the link HERE for that - I have uploaded the link for you.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, UK Car Mechanic