Jake
Jake, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Level 3 B-tech 12-years in the trade, Bosch Service Tech & ATA certificated
21512883

I have a Skoda Superb 03 plate and I cant open my passenger

Customer Question

Hi Mike I have a Skoda Superb 03 plate and I cant open my passenger door or back near side door any ideas
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,
Thank you for choosing Justanswer...
My name is Jake & I will do my best to assist you.b
From the symptoms you have described there is a fault with the door lock mechanism. This is a common fault with some of the Skoda's & VW's. The door lock mechanism would need to be replaced. You can get this done by an independant garage. They will need to remove the door card (This can be done without breaking the door card) They will then be able to get in and 'force' the lock to open and replace with a new one. The reason for this fault is that when the units go faulty they go into 'deadlock mode' which means they will not unlcok. This is to ensure that the door cannot open whilst driving.
Regards
Jake