Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a t280 03 plate. My immobiliser light stays on when

Customer Question

Hi. I have a t280 03 plate. My immobiliser light stays on when ignition is on on. Van turns over but doesn't start! What could this mean? Thanks. Glen
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

Hello Glen

for the immobilser light to remain on then its not disabling as it should

1st thing to try is some fresh batteries in the key fob and also try a 'hard' reset where

by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This dischargesany capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hi
do you still need help?