Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

A3 1.6 tdi: Audi A3 1.6 tdi 2011, battery went flat, replaced

Customer Question

Audi A3 1.6 tdi 2011, battery went flat, replaced battery, know I have no dash lights no crank etc
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
On some Audi models, the electrical system is monitored by the energy management control unit -J644- or the battery monitor control unit -J367- in connection with the data bus diagnostic interface -J533-
In this case you need to connect a scan tool (VAGCOM is recommended) to reset the system, as the energy management system seems to be in "safe mode".
That, and obviously, presuming that the battery connections have clean and tight contacts, battery is fully charged (as some new batteries need charging) and having no blown fuses.
Would you be able to check those, and get back to me with the results, so we proceed accordingly?
Regards,
Billy