Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Mazda 2 Capella: I have a Mazda 2 capella, 2006. It has a

Customer Question

I have a Mazda 2 capella, 2006. It has a semi-automatic gear function. It has done 38,000 and had a full service in the UK in May. Yesterday, it wouldn't start after a serious day of torrential rain. Someone gave me a start with the battery clips and it drove immediately. Today it didn't start. Again I had a start with the battery clips. But the automatic gear function didn't work or move out of neutral.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a voltage loss issue causing this fault.This may be the battery itself being weak needing replaced or the alternator itself or even a battery drain/draw from a failing electronic in the vehicle.The battery and charging system needs tested to locate and repair the fault here.This will keep other electronics from operating properly.
Thanks Pete