UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Continental GT: I have a 2005 Bentley Continental GT. I have

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Bentley...
I have a 2005 Bentley Continental GT. I have a warning light that pops up 8 seconds after ignition. Running Gear. The ride height does not adjust. I installed a new Arnot industries air pump. Fuse under steering wheel is ok and so is the one in the trunk. Relay is tested good also. Warning light stays on and pump will not turn in (maybe old one was good). Front suspension slowly let down after 2 weeks at same rate both sides.
Is there a way to re-pressurize the system and wipe out the code? Or should I be looking into front struts?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
7/26/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Kevin, UK Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Hi I'm Kevin. The fault you have sounds as though the car has picked up on a leak. At this age it's not unfeesable for a air strut to have perished causing a small leak . It also is not unusual for the hole end to slowly drop as there is usually a leak on one corner and the car try's to keep level and lowers the other side to match . You will need to have car plugged in and system for able refilled with air then with soapy water check for a leak
Hi Kevin:Thank you for that. I was actually looking for a more detailed description of the possible problems (not sure if you saw but I paid for that). I am working on this issue myself and need more information.If the airpump does not turn on, and fuses and relay are good, I assume the computer has shut its function down. Is there a way to test for this? If the battery is not well would it affect the air system? Somebody made a post to that effect. Also, is there a way to know which line may be leaking to isolate the problem?
I will opt out you will need to be able to diagnostically plug into the car to be able to confirm if computer has shut pump down as I said . Using computer you will be able to forcibly run pump to fill suspension gain allowing you to check for leak
UK Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.
I do need a vin # ***** get the wiring diagram to make some checks
thanks
Hello I have been traveling. Here is the VIN: SCBCR63W05C025768
great let me get the diagram and will get back with you on this .
Also, I've disconnected the left battery overnight which didn't make a difference (except the driver rear window won't close fully past pinch-point).Are there sensors at each wheel I should check? What about a distribution block. Or better yet, is there a reset that I don't need the VAG COM for?
is there any lights on right now on the dash ? if so especially where the battery was disconnected the car needs to be driven till the triangle light goes off so the air suspension module becomes active. FYI
Well, part of the problem is this car is lowered with Ghost links and has 22" rims on it. So, tires may rub driving it around. I'll see what I can do. A nearby mechanic told me to fill the airlines with my air compressor to get the ride height up. They do it all the time he said. The lights that are on is the Suspension Circle in the LCD readout and the warning that comes on about 15 seconds after ignition is on.
the suspension module also looks at the steering angle sensor . since the battery was disconnected the memory of the s.a.s sensor has been erased and needs to be relearned. without the relearning the suspension module will not activate!
OK. It was throwing a fault code even before I disconnected the battery. Right now i have tried using compressed air at each of the colored lines at the rear to help fill up the air struts. It did not help and air seems to move slowly through the lines.I also now, am jumping the 30 and 87 nodes of the relay socket to activate the pump. It works but I only leave it on for no longer than a minute. I've done it three times and haven't noticed the car lift yet. Now I am doing it with the key on the on position, engine off, thinking the other suspension electronics need to be on.Does there air distribution block have to be activated in a certain manner? Curious if those go bad. I bench tested the old pump and it works fine.
usually i do not see the valve block go bad . need to scan the suspension module to see what faults are stored. vag com a must !!
Hello. I found a portable VAG COM and found this:VAG Number: 3W0 907 553
00003 - Control Module
014 - DefectiveFrom what I understand, this is the suspension control module. Can you tell me where this is located on the 2005 Bentley Continental? I there any other information I should look into?
ok clear the faults and then see if the suspension works then . let me know. the module is located in usually the driver side battery area mounted high or under the rear package shelf . there are screws in the trunk area that needs to be removed to gain access very seldom on the passenger side battery area.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech