How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marty Your Own Question
Marty, European Car Expert
Category: UK Car
Satisfied Customers: 406
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
Type Your UK Car Question Here...
Marty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Chrysler Stratus/Sebring JX conv.: , Chris. My name is Åge,

Customer Question

Hi, Chris. My name is ***** ***** Norway. I have a 98 jx. I wanted to change the black instrument cluster to a illumination type, and bought one from eBay, a very nice one. I have instrument showing km/h, and the ill. one showing m/h. It does not matter for me, The ill.cluster is missing the connector where i can plug in the vic.( I have bought and installed the little computer,it was bolt on) Is it possible to modifie my oem instrument to be a illuminate one? Change front plate? and...? I hope you understand what I mean and can answer. Thanks. Åge.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello Age and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.I'm afraid the original instrument cluster cannot be modified to become like the new one by replacing the cover or other parts.Kindly get back to me if further info is needed on this.Regards,Billy