Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Nissan/Datsun Xtrail: I have a 6cd changer radio from an 04xtrail

Customer Question

I have a 6cd changer radio from an 04xtrail which was working fine but I moved it into an 05 cattail. Now it displays wait-secure. I've had the ignition on alone for an hour but no option to put in code which I have. Can you help?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
This is MIKE..
Im sorry to hear of your issue.. Im afraid you may not be able to get this to work.. this is because the sets that Nissan use are "coded" / programmed not just "code" wise as many others - but they are programmed to the "immobilizer" / security systems on the car they are fitted too..
You can try.. leaving the set on .. Sometimes they will come out of the Secure state.. but it can take several hours literally - and in that time, the set has to be powered - and never interrupted... the vehicle its in ( Cattail ) cannot even be started - (if its powered through the ign ) or the timer in the set will reset to the beginning.
If it will work / come out of secure -it will show ready - or other ready to take the code.. sometimes it shows several dashes..
So you can try that -- If not - it it will not come out - then Im afraid you would have to have the set to a specialist who can re program it for you... there are several that advertise on google etc..
But try that first just in case - but if not- its as above Im afraid.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Mike. I'm leaving it on now without touching anything. I'll see what happens there. I think I'll probably have to get a specialist to reprogram it. What the best search to find those guys?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again - thank you for your reply.-- If it doesn't come out after time.. then you can google Car Radio repairs or, one such company I know of you can try is : www.dndservices.co.uk... One way or the other as above should get this sorted for you.--- Please do click on the OK ratings for me at this time - Thank you .. and again, you can get back to me anytime.Best Rgds. MIKE.