Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Lexus ls 400: ,I have a ls400 1997,with a problem in the

Customer Question

Hi ,I have a ls400 1997,with a problem in the rear,it is a vibration and a roaring noise which gets worse the faster i go.i am a mechanic myself so i know much about cars but i find it hard to locate this problem.The noise and vibration is constant,it does not change if i accelrate or let go of the speederpedal or if i turn the car slightly from left to right.My own gues is something about the driveshaft,but maybe you have some other ideas?,regards ***** ***** (in Denmark).
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello Jens and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.did you check the center support bearing, and the drive shaft joints (on transmission and on differential)?was any work done before on this?were the transmission and differential mounts (and exhauxt mounts for what matters) checked?