sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

C180: Stan, I have a MB C180 1998. Suddenly there is no

Customer Question

Hi Stan, I have a MB C180 1998. Suddenly there is no charging at all in the battery. Central lock does not work without battery so I opened with the key. Problem is battery in the trunk. The lock to the trunk can't be opened with the key. I have spent 4 hours with 5-56 just to get the key into the lock, but I can't turn the key. I have tried remove the seats in the back, but they are locked from the trunk! I have tried using an external battery to feed the central lock, but I am unsure of what fuse to use! So, I can't reach the trunk to remove the battery! Any idea how to get into the trunk?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or do you know a which fuse I could use to feed in power so the trunk opening switch would work?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
What you'll want to do is use the jump start post under the hood. Open the hood and you'll find the positive jump start post near the intake, it will have a plastic cover with a + sign on it. Connect the positive umper cable there, the negative can be connected to any unpainted, grounded metal part on the engine or chassis. This will allow you to open the trunk electrically.