Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Zafira: My zafira diesel 2l has just had a radiator change

Customer Question

My zafira diesel 2l has just had a radiator change because of caramel goop in the header tank. nothing in the oil well. there are two lights still on my dash spanners and a box with a fan inside it.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
The warning lights indicate that fault codes are stored within the engine control module.
To retrieve the codes, or even delete them, you would need to connct a scan tool (diagnostic computer).
This would be recommended, as when you delete them, if the codes pop back up, then we should have a look at those, and check the components accordingly (the codes will show which component or circuit is acting up).
PS: do you have an auto transmission? and if yes was the fluid checked?
If you wish, you can get back to me with the fault codes, as i would be able to explain those, tell you what and how to check accordingly.
Regards,
Billy