UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Crv it'd: Honda crv diesel 2008. I have released the gearbox/

Customer Question
Honda crv diesel 2008. I...
Honda crv diesel 2008. I have released the gearbox/transmission /clutch bell housing from the engine in order to renew the clutch components which have failed. The unit is now supported by an engine hoist but it seems too large to drop down through the front subframe and I can not get the drive spigot compleatly clear of the clutch cover plate fingers as it is hard up against the inner wing. Any advice on how to precede would be much appreciated. I am also aware that this car has a self adjusting clutch which requires a special tool to remove and replace it. Have you any advice as to where I could hire or borrow one as to buy one would cost around £450. Is there a way to install the clutch without use of this tool. Many thanks.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 7 days by:
7/24/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Billy, Trainer/Master tech. replied 3 years ago
Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.If you need to drop down, the subframe will require removal. You can also, try to raise the end of the transmission a bit, to be able to take it back a bit more, and release the drive shaft from the clutch plate. As for the tool, honda keeps this closely within dealers, that is why it is expensive and not available. If you get to any honda specialist (not dealer), they should let you hire it for a couple of hours.Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...Regards,Billy