Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Stan, i have a 99 mercedes CLK 230 cabrioletand it wont

Customer Question

hi stan, i have a 99 mercedes CLK 230 cabrioletand it wont start!
this is what happened:
i left the car run on a reserve maybe a little longer than anticipated and got on it yesterday and it wouldnt start, i went to get 10 litres of petrol which did the trick only to resverse it and it stopped straight away when i went on drive. I went back to get another 10 litres but impossible to start it.
i never had any signs of any sort before and the problem is that it is stucked in an public underground car park (luckely i have a permanent spot there!)
is there some kind of reset i should be doing or a trick that you know about?
the engine runs when i turn the key so i dont think its a batterry issue....
any ideas?
thanks
jc
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im sorry to see you have had a wait.With this -Im afraid you are going to have to start checking the basics- for fuel supply to the engine - and also for spark / ignition.. at the plugs.If you find no fuel - check if fitted ( check your owners manual) the fuel cut off switch... If its not that or you dont have one.. you need then to check the condition of the fuel filter... If thats ok - but still no fuel - you need to check for power supply to the pump / circuit.If you have fuel up - but no ignition / sparks - I would suspect the crank sensor gone faulty - You will need to check / work as above on this one to get this going for you..Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.