Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Lexus RX300: . I am rebuilding a transmision U140E fitted

Customer Question

Hello. I am rebuilding a transmision U140E fitted in a RX(###) ###-####mod. I see that some part suppliers says the planetary gears in this box is a commond problem. Is this correct and what to look for?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can understand that my question is difficult. That is why I ask. I have checked this item once again and there is something I don`t like. The pins for the planetary gears are loose in the carrier. I have not so much experience with small auto boxes but when this happens on constructiontransmisions (who is my proof) the planetary gears get higher thrusting force because they are out of lining and the thrustwasher for the gears wil wear out over time. But I am not sure it is the same in this gearbox. Another problem is the Toyota dealers in Norway do not deliver theese parts any more because it is to old.
Anyway thanks for you tried to help me
Kind Regards
Tore
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello Tore and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
The pins are loose, meaning you have axial play, or rotational play?
You feel the looseness or play when you press towards the carrier, or when you rotate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The bores for then planetary gears pins are to big. I have oredered a new one
Tore
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello Tore,
Indeed you need to get a new one.
Get back to me if further assistance is needed on this U140E transmission. (diagrams etc..)
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will do thank you so far
Kind regards *****æter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will do. Thank you so far
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
You're most welcome!