Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Ducato: hii'm mark i have a 2004 2.0 jtd ducato with a fuel

Customer Question

hi
i'm mark i have a 2004 2.0 jtd ducato with a fuel pressure sensor invalid signal fault - the engine light comes on and the revs drop to limp home - it did have a high temperature fault too but i replaced the temp sensor and that problem is now resolved
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mark and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Was the pressure sensor and its wiring checked or replaced?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
replaced the pressure sensor - worked fine for a few miles then same fault - thought it could be a dodgy fuel guage and that it was simply running out of fuel, put £20 of diesel in and it took me about 6 miles before the engine light came on again and the engine stopped again - waited 5 mins, started up no problems and drove 5 miles home... ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
- also it makes a lot of fuel gurgling noises when you switch off, I have had vans that do that before and always assumed it's the fuel syphoning back to the tank...
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
In this case, and having replaced the sensor, we need to check the signal integrity, to make sure the wiring is good. If the wiring is good, then the pressure regulating valve would be causing this. There's always the possibility of a high pressure pump failure, but these need eliminating first.
Here's how to check the pressure sensor signals:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Zgf4dbmODzY1J4dGoxRXBNbVE/view?usp=sharing
Get back to me with your findings, or if further assistance is needed so we proceed accordingly.
REgards,
Billy