UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

How do I reset the service interval on a 2012 Peugeot Boxer

Customer Question
How do I reset the...
How do I reset the service interval on a 2012 Peugeot Boxer 335 h2 128 ( UK registration EU12hhr )
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
7/5/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Robert, UK Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic
Hi..there..

Normally on the Peugeot Boxer 3 version it has to be done diagnostically to reset the interval - thats how i do them..and always works that way....there is another procedure you may want to try below - if that doesnt work for you - then diagnostically done is the better way if you have access to a scanner that can do that for you...

Service reset - On the digital display on your instrument panel

The oil pressure warning light illuminates
Within 30 seconds
Turn the ignition on
Press and hold the accelerator pedal
Press and release the brake pedal 6 times
Release both pedals at the same time
Turn the ignition off
Turn the ignition on
The oil pressure warning light will flash for 5 seconds
The system is reset
Turn the ignition off

Not sure what you mean

"oil pressure warning light illuminates "

Do you mean switch on ignition and oil can symbol will come on ?

Then you say switch on ignition.

surely ignition needs to be on to see oil pressure light ?

I have followed this procedure

1 ) switch on ignition

2 ) oil light symbol comes on and remains on

3 press and hold accelerater pedal ( within 30 secs )

3 ) press brake pedal 6 times and release brake pedal and accelerator at same time on sixth press

4 ) turn off ignition

5 ) turn on ignition

nothing happens

Hi..

Yes red oil can if what you have done is in regards ***** ***** system detecting the oil deterioation/service - an changing the oil out - then that warning will flash at each start up and be accompanied with a message in regards ***** ***** oil condition..and as above it can be reset using that procedure above..the other service indicator or spanner symbol on the digital screen/with service mileage on the instrument panel - normally has to be reset diagnostically to reset it back.there's no other manual method to reset that side of service interval im afriad
Robert
Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic