UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

C250: Pulled all the fuses in a c250 in the front before realizing…

Customer Question
Pulled all the fuses in...
Pulled all the fuses in a c250 in the front before realizing the cigarette lighter fuse was in the back. Changed that fuse and now the cigarette lighter in car works. But now the car won't start. It connects for a second and then dies. The battery isn't dead as the electronics inside work. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
7/6/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome..
This is MIKE as requested -
Basically you have interrupted the immobilizer system by doing what you have - ie, pulling all the fuses. For future reference to avoid such troubles, you should never do that.
You can try, disconnecting the car battery terminals - and connect them ( the lead terminals ) together for 30 mins - link with a wire if they wont reach each other.. ( have the key out of the car ).. and then reconnect them to the battery -and re try it.
IF that doesn't work, Im afraid you have to the cars system re programmed - Given the car is a 12 reg I would suggest to call out MB call out service - they should be able to do this "on site" for you. Its not a job you can do without the proper equipment Im sorry.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Hello again Rebecca-
Im just checking back with you to see if you need anything more at all in addition to the answer I gave you above. Feel free to ask me - Im always happy to help further if I can.. or - if we are done, I do just need you to please click on the Exc / OK ratings for me at this point -
Thank you very much and all the best to you -
Kind Rgds, MIKE.