Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Lincoln: Good day,im in South Africa,got a lincoln 4.6l v8

Customer Question

Good day,im in South Africa,got a lincoln 4.6l v8 dohc engine,want to fit in a rwd project,also got a 4.6/5.4 5 speed manual tranny,but belhousing pattern is out by about 10mm,and the flywheel on engine about 134th and trany 164,can these motors be used for rwd or not at all? i think it must be a conti engine,i the conti and mark viii blocks same or not? thank you regards Gerhard
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This engine should be o.k. to use in a RWD vehicle but you will most likely either need to find a transmission that will fit and work or have the transmission modified to allow it to work in your model here.
Thanks Pete