UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trafic: 2008 renault trafic in limp mode all the time when…

Customer Question
2008 renault trafic in limp...
2008 renault trafic in limp mode all the time when pluged in showing no faults
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/23/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
HelloI'm assuming that this is the diesel engine so 1st consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reducepressure.check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it. If this is OK thencheck the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to havethe boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly Also worth checking that the glow-plug relay is switching off as they can stick on and leave the glow plugs also on - on some cars this can force it into limp home Also worth considering adding a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank as a clogged injector nozzle will reduce power and give poor combustion - the next stage on from this is to remove all the injectors and have them ultrasonically cleaned and flow checkedAlso check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes,also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the endcaps off under high boost.
Hi Ian

do you still need help?