UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Volkswagen Polo 1.4 TDI: 2006 VW Polo 1.4TDI Front passenger…

Customer Question
2006 VW Polo 1.4TDI Front...
2006 VW Polo 1.4TDI Front passenger door permanently locked and unable to unlock it with remote or from drivers door. internal switch.All other doors OK
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/23/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: martin jones, UK Car Mechanic replied 3 years ago
martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Hi there and welcome to JA.COM, i will try to assist you with your problem, in an ideal world you would need to have your cars ECU code read, using a VAG tool, this would identify the problem area, unfortunately you are going to have to remove the door card to access the door lock/solenoid, this will be very difficult and time consuming, but the only way, hope this helps, kindest regards ***** ***** if you require any further help please ask, if not please press the GREEN BUTTON to accept as this is how i get paid, once again regards martin.
Thank you Martin but what do you mean by the "door card"? If you mean the front passenger door panel, don't forget that the door is locked so that you cannot get at the screws at the bottom of the door panel and therefore can't remove it.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi there, yes i do mean the door panel, unfortunately you may cause damage on removal, but if you take your time it will come of, and yes the screws will be a problem, you may well just have to pull hard and breakages may occur, if you open the drivers door you will be able to see all the fixings,unfortunately this is the only way you are going to be able to access the lock, hope this helps, kindest regards martin.
Thanks Martin, you would think that VW would have considered this fault occurring and made easier access to the screws.
Hi there, unfortunately this is quite a common fault on lots of cars and makes my job a lot harder, kindest regards ***** ***** you require any further help please ask, if not please press the GREEN BUTTON to accept, as this is how i get paid, once again regards martin.