UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Shawn, I can't enter in program tpms mustang 200

Customer Question
Hi shawn, I can't enter...
Hi shawn, I can't enter in program tpms for my mustang 2008...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
Hi is there anyone?
Impossible to enter on programming tpms mode on car ... Mustang 2008.
Fuses sjb ok...
6/24/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli
-My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In some cases if there is a fault code or fault being recognized in the TPMS system this can cause learning to fail or may not enter learning process.If you haven't had the vehicle checked for any fault codes I would see if any are set related to this issue here.If any codes are set they will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault then the TPMS relearned.
Thanks Pete
Hi fault code is B2872...
Thamks for fast answer
Philippe
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Code B2872 indicates a fault with a tire pressure sensor.If you are unable to get them to learn and this code is set here this indicates one or more of the tire pressure sensors has failed.
The sensors will need checked/tested with a tire pressure sensor test tool to see which one is not registering,this would be the one needing replaced then the sensors learned in from there to correct this issue.This is a common fault for one of the sensors to fail and cause this here.
Thanks Pete
we have tested sensors, they are all ok...I have check list to proove it....
My problem is that I can enter into programation car with official method...
The car won't give me horn signal.
Please answer me early, thanks.
Philippe
Sorry I can NOT enter into programation car...
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Below is the description of the fault code you have here on your vehicle as well as the diagnostic procedure to follow to locate the cause for this fault.You will have to copy and past the below links to a new web page to view them.This should lead you to the cause for the fault here.
Normal Operation
If there is a fault with 1, 2 or 3 of the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors, DTC B2872 will be set, the TPMS warning indicator will flash for 70 seconds and then remain ON solid when the ignition switch is turned to the ON position and the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR FAULT.
If the smart junction box (SJB) does not get a response from all 4 of the TPMS sensors, DTC B287A will be set and the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT.
^ B2872 Tire Pressure Sensor Fault - When 1, 2 or 3 of the tire pressure sensors are faulted or not responding, the SJB will set DTC B2872.
^ B287A Tire Pressure Monitor Fault - When all 4 of the tire pressure sensors are faulted, not responding or not heard by the SJB, the SJB will set DTC B287A.
This pinpoint test is intended to diagnose the following:
^ TPMS sensor(s) missing
^ TPMS sensor(s) not trained to the vehicle
^ TPMS sensor(s) swapped due to wheel swap
^ TPMS sensor(s) damaged
^ Vehicle communication issue
^ SJB
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ktc95nh50e1ecm/t-06-25.gif?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/90mt3fcgdjgsrf3/tp-06-25.gif?dl=0
Thanks Pete
Sorry for late but my Customer given his car...
I can not finish the car yet...
I give you answer as soon as possible..
Philippe
Thanks
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help above if you like.
Thanks Pete
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli