UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

BA mark 2 wagon: What do I need to do to tighten up front end…

Customer Question
What do I need to...
What do I need to do to tighten up front end of ba falcon?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/17/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: gemmechanic, A grade Mechanic replied 3 years ago
gemmechanic
gemmechanic, A grade Mechanic
Hello
Is your goal to firm up the ride a bit or to stop a little of the side to side roll. The simplest answer is to put in some firmer springs. They are available online on eBay.
This will reduce the nose from diving under braking and reduce the body roll side to side significantly.
I'f you are after less body roll but want to retain the current level of comfort (firmer springs will give you a stiffer ride) then just replace the anti sway bar
PRODUCT BENEFITS
This Whiteline 30mm 2 point adjustable sway bar = more grip = better handling = outright performance - it's the best dollar for dollar handling improvement you can make to your vehicle. This Whiteline adjustable sway bar allows its rate to be altered by increasing or reducing the length of the lever arms. This permits the roll stiffness to be tuned for different situations without replacing the entire bar. The stiffer the bar, the more force required to move the left and right wheels relative to each other. This increases the amount of force required to make the body roll
it is available here.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Whiteline-Front-Sway-Bar-30mm-Blade-Adj-HD-Ford-FALCON-AU-BA-BF-/221695598851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item339e166103
Replacing shock absorbers (dampers to some people) controls the rebound and the return to normal position of the springs.
Personally I believe in replacing shock absorbers and springs together.
A set of springs will sell for $150 to $250 - same for the struts.
Ultimately replace springs , struts and sway bar and that wagon will handle like a sports car.
Kind regards
Mechanic Martyn