UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

R52 mcs: HiI bought a Aug 2004 r52 mcs convertible in December…

Customer Question
Hi I bought a Aug 2004...
Hi
I bought a Aug 2004 r52 mcs convertible in December and I have had a problem with the roof many times now. It will go down with no problems and back up if you don't drive it anywhere but if the roof is down and you drive it around for a bit it will not go back up. There is literally nothing when you press the close button. The car has been back to the dealer I bought it from a couple if times and was assured fixed by way of sensor adjustments but it did the same thing again the other day. When it gets stuck I checked the parcel shelf was in its correct place and open shut the boot. Put the windows up and down. Turned engine off and back on drove round for a bit tried again and still nothing.
Any ideas as this is getting really frustrating now. The partial open sunroof feature works fine
Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/15/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 3 years ago
Peter Zavarelli
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with one of the roof position switches.I have seen these switches act up before and in some cases an adjustment may temporarily repair it but usually it needs replaced.
I would have the position switch/sensors checked/tested to see if one needs replaced as this is the most common cause.Your model uses several of these switches so its difficult to say for sure from here which is the cause.
Thanks Pete
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 3 years ago

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete