UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chevrolet Blazer 4x4 (Full Size): , The security light on…

Customer Question
Hi, The security light on...
Hi, The security light on my Blazer 2001 will not go off.
Installed even a newrockies pro bypass, but still the light stays on.
I cannot reinitiate relearning (with a flashing sec light), because it just stays on solid.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/10/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 3 years ago
Peter Zavarelli
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.I apologize for any delay and I am posting as soon as I saw your question myself.
One of the most common causes besides the pass lock sensor (which has been bypassed on your model) is the BCM itself with an internal electrical fault.I have seen the BCM fail in the past before and cause this issue here and had to replace it.This will also keep the vehicle from relearning the security system either with factory components or the bypass kit installed.
If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set this needs done and if any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I suspect this is the common BCM fault here.
Thanks Pete

Hi Pete,

I checked the ODBII, but no codes are stored/pending.

Would it make sense to buy a "second hand" BCM? I mean: reprogramming is not possible I understand.. so it will not work in my car.

UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 3 years ago
A second hand BCM unfortunately will not work in your model.It will not program to the theft system as well as other electronics as it is already programmed to a different model.It would have to be a new one and programmed to your model.
If the code reader you used is only one that reads engine and transmission codes as some are set up to only read those computers this will not show you any body control module codes so you would have to have the codes read out using one that can read all computers.
Thanks Pete
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 3 years ago
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete

hi Pete, i'm on a holiday till june 20th . Maybe last question is there a wat To test the BCM?

thnks

Erik

UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 3 years ago
For this issue here the codes being read out of the BCM with a scan tool that will specifically speak to the BCM helps in diagnosing as well as observing the data list in the BCM using a scan tool that will read BCM data will help tell if it is the cause for sure here.
With what has already been done here this does sound like the BCM itself is the cause needing replaced and programmed.
Thanks Pete
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 3 years ago

Thanks Pete