Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Volvo V70: , i have a problem with the dim/dip switch or

Customer Question

Hi, i have a problem with the dim/dip switch or relay on my 2005 v70. yes the headlamp switch is in the correct place! i have replaced the main main/dip bean and signal stalk and still no good. I am wondering if it is a relay that has gone, all fuses are ok. But the headlamp switch does no longer change. When switched from daylight running, just sidelights or full it never changes
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So to recap. The main problem is no main beam. It works on pull for flash but will not stay on. On the lights on switch, whether set to 0, or sidelights or full night time light function, the all lights on but dip beam only remains?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
On some models the main beam is controlled by a relay and usually if you can switch it to flash and it does switch but doesn't hold this indicates the relay is o.k. or it wouldn't work at all.
The other main issue here is usually the lights on newer models are computer controlled by either a lamp control module or body control module and if one of these are acting up internally this will occur and the affected control module would need replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set this needs done to pinpoint the cause here.More electrical testing will be needed as well to pinpoint the cause.
Thanks Pete