Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Pil8t: My honda pilot (2003 model) got stuck inside water during

Customer Question

My honda pilot (2003 model) got stuck inside water during rain, didn't accelerate well so the engine went off and much water enter the engine. Was able to start the engine with the help of a mechanic next day after evacuating much water from the engine and change of plugs. After the engine function a while ( 15 minutes), we discovered water is mixed with the engine oil, we changed the oil and about 10 minutes later, there is this sounds coming from the engine as if metals is grinding, not satisfied with the sound so I had the back cylinder, gasket and oil pump changed ( bcos we discoverd oil doesn't get into the cylinder- oil gets into the front cylinder but don't get into the back cylinder) but the sound still persists, we checked the back cylinder again and still realise oil still doesn't get there, what can I do? Kindly help
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The main fault from water is bearing failure in the engine and this happens rapidly in most cases.I suspect cam shaft and crank shaft bearings are damaged which will lower engine oil flow and pressure and cause this here.If you have not had the bearings checked this needs done any any damaged bearings and engine components replaced to correct this fault.
Thanks Pete