Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Patriot: problem turbo jeep patriot 2007 after overtaking power

Customer Question

problem turbo jeep patriot 2007 after overtaking power dropped and difficult to climb hill arrived at destination, after starting again full power and then did exactly the same again. This morning seems to be working again but have not covered any great distance
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component to cause this issue here is a restricted fuel filter.As you operate the vehicle debris moves around in the filter and will plug it up and cause this then as the vehicle sits with the engine off the debris settles and the vehicle may operate o.k. temporarily.
If you have not had the fuel filter replaced at all this needs done and should correct the fault here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have now done a further 1500kms and am now in SW France where I shall be taking it to the Jeep garage tomorrow, for me has to be electronic as when happens I stop turn off the motor and start up again and goes off fine, however today noticed that cruise control no longer working, and after yet another loss of power, motor icon on dash board has now lit up, looking in jeep handbook states does not neccesairly mean has to be towed to garage (only when flashing) the mystery continues but hopefully jeep france will know
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
O.k.,let me know what the garage comes up with here and if you need anything else.Feel free to rate my help above if you like.
Thanks Pete