UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have put small amount of water in... have put small

Customer Question
i have put small amount...
i have put small amount of water in... Hi have put small amount of water in power steering resevoir and drove it 2 miles before realising. Have drained the resevoir and put new fluid in then ran it for a few seconds turning the wheels but it still has
creamy fluid. Cannot drain from rack as skid pan and really arkward. Will it make it even worse if i drive 15 miles to mechanic to have it flushed?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/8/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech replied 3 years ago
jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
hi,15 miles isn't bad but it could mess the pump or rack,and I agree that it is hard to get at .
does it still have power steering and does it whine when driving straight ?
Or whine when you turn ?
if the steering is stiff and very hard to drive/steer nor turn ...I wouldn't take a chance ,,,..jazzmaster ..