UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Micheal I'm Keith. A friend of mine has a 1995 M Reg Vauxhall…

Customer Question
Hi Micheal I'm Keith. A...
Hi Micheal I'm Keith. A friend of mine has a 1995 M Reg Vauxhall Astra. Please can you tell me if it has an immibiliser fitted? I've changed the ignition switch as the key has been lost and now the car turns over but wont start.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/4/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: martin jones, UK Car Mechanic replied 3 years ago
martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Hi and welcome to JA.com, i will try to assist you with your problem,when you removed the ignition switch did you notice a ring gear/electrical unit around the barrel, if so this is why your car wont start as the key has to be in sync with key reader, please advise, kindest regards martin.