UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford connect: i have the problem of ford connect not starting…

Customer Question
i have the problem of...
i have the problem of ford connect not starting because the imobiliser is on,wont disarm with fob. ive red the answers u have put up b4 for other people and ive gone through the problems 1by 1 no luck. so how much would a diagnostic be to reset the imobiliser. could it be the fob ?
thanks steve.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/3/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 3 years ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Hi there Steve good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
When you put ignition on The light should come on solid for 3 seconds then go out this is the self test passing
If it starts flashing rapidly then this means you have an Immobilsor active issue
What to do is leave the light flashing rapidly for 1 minute then watch the light as it will emit a flash code ie: 1 Flash - PAUSE - 5 flashes = flash code 15
If you can check this code and let me know I can advise you further
Regards ***** *****
Brian