Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

E 36 328i: i have a problem with my BMW softop. It became snagged

Customer Question

i have a problem with my BMW softop. It became snagged on a load in the back seat and the motors disengaged. I have followed the procedure outlined in your reply 3 yrs ago and reset. However, the actuating lever on the top motor (B) keeps flying off. In pics on the net there seem to be some retaining clips, mine are missing. Will this be the cause? I'm reluctant to secure the lever in case it's another problem and I might cause more damage.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I don't have the exact parts blow up of the motor components or linkage but usually if there is a clip that secures the arm to it if this is missing a new one needs obtained from a dealer to correct this here.
You can also contact or go to a dealers parts department and they can look up all the components with the roof system to see if you are missing a clip or component for this here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Pete, sorry to be late getting back to you. I'll check with my local BMW dealer and respond laterTed
Your welcome.Let me know what you come up with here and if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help above if you like.
Thanks Pete