UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nissan/Datsun Qashqai: My nissan qashqai won't start, I have…

Customer Question
My nissan qashqai won't start...
My nissan qashqai won't start, I have checked all fuses etc. the car behaves normal until you attempt to start it. There is power at the starter but not at the solenoid. I can start the vehicle by shorting the solenoid with a screwdriver but that is the only way. Any help would be amazing v
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/2/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: carlosbosch, UK Car Mechanic replied 3 years ago
carlosbosch
carlosbosch, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and welcome I'mCustomerand I will assist you with inquiry. Please check the power relay that feed the solenoid with the voltage if it receive the actuation signal from the immobilizer if yes then replace the relay if not repair the immobilizer by using the specific scan tool . free to ask if any further info needed.
Could you tell me where the power relay is? Where would I get a scan tool from if it isn't the relay?
the power relay is in the engine compartment to the left side and you find indication on the plastic cover of this box the scanner you find it in tools shop and there is many brands but it is expensive better to get the service from the dealer .
Could you tell me is it the left side as I look at it? Is it in with the fuses? There is nothing on the box displaying power relay. What is it labeled as?
follow this link and you find the box and it could help you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sFlhZVFm3I