UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Carl i have an ldv maxus and it was overheating and found…

Customer Question
hi Carl i have an...
hi Carl i have an ldv maxus and it was overheating and found black oil in the coolant resevoir, i have taken it to my garage and they have replaced the oil cooler, however while refilling the coolant they saw it was going straight to the sump, any ideas Carl as they don`t?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/1/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Hello
This could be a cracked cylinder head I'm afraid or possibly failed head gasket , however for the coolant to flow directly to the sump
the only other possiblity which wouldn't mean a new engine is required
is that the turbo housing may be cracked internally
If you remove the turbo oil drain pipe from the sump and then try filling the coolant again you should see any water thats drains through into the oil
if this is the cae then replace the turbo, drain and refresh the oil and hopefully that should be it
Hi
do you still need help?