UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Touran 2.0 tdi: Ian, I have a VW touran 2.0 TDI and I have…

Customer Question
Hi Ian, I have a...
Hi Ian, I have a VW touran 2.0 TDI and I have no main outer head light beams and no reverse & brake lights and im getting a 0240 Relay Terminal 15 Engine Compartment error on diagnoistics (Bosch KTS) weve checked all fuses and relays ..everything seems OK ?? Any idea ??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/1/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech replied 3 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech
Hello there! I'm Wolfgang ! I will try to assist you as much as I can.
i do need some more information please
in the spare tire area is a white 3 x 5 sticker with option codes . can you place a pic here so i can get the correct repair information to assist.
the code is 00240 correct if not please a photo of the code from the scan till will also help
thanks
Hi Wolfgang,
I'm not sure if these numbers will also help:the Engine number is : BKDA75821
the VIN number is: WVGZZZ1TZ6W206136
it is a 2007 model
perfect !!! let me get the info and will get back with you asap!!
Thanks Wolfgang... did you get the photo of the info sticker ?
yes i did sorry for the delay was in the hospital. working on the diagram now of what to trace
No problem, Thanks will wait on your advice :)
ok under the dash there is a relay panel like this link below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/icblioz4w7o9psg/j519.jpg?dl=0
swap the KL 15 and KL 75 relays do the headlamp and other items work then ?
please let me know