Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Peugeot 807: I am looking at an old thread about a screen

Customer Question

I am looking at an old thread about a screen problem in a Peugeot 807. I have the same issue. Did you find a resolution The issue is that the screen comes on with the word loading in the bottom corner which then changes to ready. It does nothing else at all and then reboots approximately every ninety seconds. It als causes the radio to reboot. There is apparently no communication between the screen and the radio or any of the other systems which should display messages on the screen. We have replaced both the radio and the screen and nothing makes any difference. Everything was working fine before the car broke down and spent six months off the road with the battery disconnected.

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This fault here may be caused by low voltage.I have seen low voltage cause this fault before and had to correct the voltage issue.Check and see if the electrical connections to the radio and screen are tight.If these are o.k. I would have the power and ground signals tested at the radio and screen to see if this is a low voltage issue.If low voltage is found to be the cause here then the wiring will need checked to the radio and screen as well as fuse box connections for any issues.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not a voltage issue. It is a communication issue. Both the radio and the screen are working but there is no communication between them. The vehicle operates on Can Van so there is only one power and ground to each component. The issue is clearly in the networking. I am disappointed in the lack of response to this question. I have clearly been charged to be connected to experts who know less about these vehicles than I do so will have to rate the responses accordingly.

I apologize my info didn't help with what you were looking for here.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete