Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Renault RX4: I have inherited an Renault Scenic RX4, after

Customer Question

Hi I have inherited an Renault Scenic RX4, after turning over the engine it makes a noise but nothing unusual for Diesel. However on driving the vehicle it has a loud noise which sounds like its underneath the passengers side, the noise only gets worse the higher the speed, ususally over 55mph and it starts to vibrate. Could the problem be the propshaft? The car has clocked 91000 miles 1.9 dci diesel, thank you
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here with the noise and the vibration this fault can be caused by the prop shaft itself or the mounts/joints on the prop shaft.I have seen both cause this issue here.The prop shaft and joints need inspected to locate any faults with any of them.If a problem is found with the shaft it may need replaced and if a fault is found with the joints those will need replaced to correct this here.
Thanks Pete