Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Transmission issues what could be the problem as per codes

Customer Question

transmission issues what could be the problem as per codes and issue sent ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I see your previous post we were working on with a different fault here and the question you had at the end on the transmission issue.
From what you have described this does sound like either the transmission valve body at fault causing this issue or the conductor plate and/or possibly solenoids on the plate and valve body.
If the fault codes were not checked to see what codes are set this needs done as there may be codes set that will help locate the fault here.
If no codes are set the electrical signals to the solenoids will need tested as well as the valve body operation.I have had to replace entire complete valve body assemblies for issues like this here which came with new solenoids and a new conductor plate.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I sent you the codes that was read out by the dealer I would suspect they checked all of that stuff. However I will take this info to them. Could it be anything else? I really need my Car. its been 3 weeks. What else is there to check?

With the codes that are set if these are current codes with the fault occurring here this sounds like the shifter assembly is the fault.The shifter houses the electronics for the transmission position as well as other electronics.The shifter is common to fail and cause this fault here as I have had to replace several of these before.In some cases something gets spilled on it and damages the electronics and in other cases it fails on its own.
Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete