UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cadillac Deville: I have Cadillac 1990 Deville.Idle speed is…

Customer Question
I have Cadillac 1990 Deville.Idle...
I have Cadillac 1990 Deville.Idle speed is OK, when the car does not move.When I am driving and then take my foot off the acceleration pedal the car keeps going with very slowly decreasing the speed.So I have to apply the brake to slowing down.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
5/27/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Ron, Car Enthusiast replied 3 years ago
Ron, Car Enthusiast
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Your question is not very clear but if I'm understanding you correctly it sounds like you are saying you have a high idle concern and the engine is not returning to normal idle speed.
The normal cause for this is a failing nose switch in the IAC (idle air control) See the test steps in the link below for testing the switch.
Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/IAC%20test%20May%2027.pdf