UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

BMW - Rosslyn 323i 2009 sedan manual: I drive a BMW 323i 2009…

Customer Question
I drive a BMW 323i...
I drive a BMW 323i 2009 model manual. The first and sometimes third gear slips when I engage the clutch. My could be the problem? I took the car to BMW South East in Germiston and the car spent the whole day without being attended to.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
5/26/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Kevin, UK Car Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Hi I'm Kevin when you say it slips does it fall out of the gear or something else ? Sorry for the questions want to give you an accurate answer
it slips out of gear and stays in neutral. The engine will still run. When it does this it kick back on my hand like a heavy object and I am starting to feel pains. What is the like cause. Is a BMW 2009 323i not suppose to give me some indication if there is a problem with the transmission system eg clutch plate, gear box etc. I want to know possible cause and likely costs before I return it to a BMW Dealer or would you recommend any reputable mechanic?
I'm in the uk so unfortunately can't advise on who to use however I would have all engine and transmission mounts checked for excessive movement as this can cause this. It's unlikely to be a clutch fault as it would cause this on all gears. Unfortunately the cars pick up on most faults but not faults of this type normally. It's most likely a gear linkage or internal gearbox fault. There's nothing common on these models I would recommend taking car to a transmission specialist if you can find one close to you as they will be far more knowledgeable in this type of fault than even bmw will be