UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have w205, and when using distronic plus, once the car…

Customer Question
Hi, I have w205, and when...
I have w205, and when using distronic plus, once the car comes to halt, the steering assist feature stops working.
Only after a few seconds (20-60) it starts again, but the car must be in move.
The result is that stop and go pilot are unusable.
What the solution for that?
All front radars and their control units have been replaced, and some other parts including the steering wheel and its control unit and the windscreen cameras, and the issue is still there.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 2 days by:
5/28/2015
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Hello

I'd suggest getting the car plugged into the diagnostic tool while the issue is occurring and use the tool to view the CAN messages pertaining to this function , so steering angle , engine speed , throttle angle, torque actual, torque demand

and check for any of these dropping out suddenly or not seeming to be steady
We done that already, and everything is good.
We replaced the from radars too, and the radar control unit, and the stereo cameras, so it didn't fixed it for now.
I need another direction.
Hello

the next thing I'd suggest then is to have the firmware in the ECU updated and possibly replace the ECU and body control module

Hi Matt,

We have updated all computers to the latest software by the original car computer diagnostics system, including the engine control unit.

What is the body control unit? can you give me the P/N?

hello

the BCM is in the trunk on the rhs behind the trim panel

I didn't understood your explanation of where is it, and what the P/N of it.

But, i will go to the garage and ask them to do it.

Will report you shortly

Under stood

good luck