Nathan B
Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ3 Motor Vehicle mechanics, with 20+ yrs experience and 4 years running my own garage.
27720961

Frontera: fob not working on frontera , changed battery but

Customer Question

fob not working on frontera b , changed battery but still no joy, light on fob not illuminating either
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Nathan B replied 2 years ago.
Hi there
Welcome to JA.com
I hope i can help you today.
The fact that you say that the light is not illuminating leads me to the conclusion that one of a couple things could be the problem. Either the contacts between the battery and the fob are dirty or corroded but the more common fault is that the fob has died. It doesn't really take much to happen but over time the circuit board can deteriorate and stop working. As you have already tried the re sync this would be my conclusion. I actually have a Vauxhall myself and one key works fine and the other doesn't so I am used to this problem. You can get a new fob from Vauxhall and get it programmed to the car if you wanted but this can be a bit of a cost.
I hope this helps
thanks in advance and if you need me you know where I am