Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

Hyundai H1: Van details Hyundai H1 2004D4BH(4D56TCi)2.5

Customer Question

Van details Hyundai H1
2004
D4BH(4D56TCi)
2.5 litre diesel 8V
Turbo tharged
5 speed
2WD
Hyundai van symptoms,
Lumpy running and stalling at idle speed
Very erratic rev counter, jumping all over the place, not corresponding to the revs of the engine.
If I hold the revs of the van at say 1800 revs the rev counter bounces between 3500 and 1000, and the engine seems to be hunting.
I changed the fuel filter in February and the van has only covered 1500 miles( 2600Kms) since.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Kevin il try and help. I don't have a Hugh amount of info on this engine it's not hughly common. Most vehicle use the crankshaft position sensor to read engine speen it may be worth looking at changing this part before going further . Have you had vehicle scanned for codes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your response.
New to all this, so took a few moments to work out how to reply.
Crank sensor seems a good bet given I've got an elec problem manifesting itself at the same time re rev counter.
Tomorrow I am taking it to a local garage to have the codes read. There is seemingly a common problem with this engine that it breaks cam followers, but again that does not account for the irratic behaviour of the rev counter. Time to spend some money I think!
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
That's no problem please remember to rate my service to you and be sure to come back if you need any further help
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
How did you get on