Richard, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  12 years as a technician at a Ford and Jaguar dealer Ford and Jaguar factory certified
10437779

Jaguar X type: Richard the remote on my key fob x type

Customer Question

Richard the remote on my key fob for my x type jaguar won't work. I have changed the batteries but still no joy. I have been on line and turned the ignition on and off 4 times, the car chimes but still no joy with the remote. Wouldn't normally be a problem but my misses promised me a lasagne and all the ingredients is in the boot.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If we are getting the chime the module is entering programming mode so we may just have a problem with the remote itself. Try programming the remote again and when you hear the chime press the headlamp convenience button and see if it will program since that button is usually used the least. If it still will not program we are most likely going to need a new remote.