sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Porsche Cayenne S: Roman, My car had a slight judder when

Customer Question

Hi Roman, My car had a slight judder when I move and sometimes between gear changes - the gears are taking longer to go in with higher revs than normal - there is also a droning noise from under neath but goes if I put the car into neutral.
Whats your diagnosis my good man?
Terry
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! It does sound like you have an internal failure in the transmission. If it takes longer for the trans to engage, it's shuddering while shifting and there is a noise when in gear these all point to a trans issue. Some of the issues could be caused by fluid degradation or low fluid level, the first thing I would recommend is checking fluid level. If you have a noise in gear that goes away in neutral that usually indicates a failure in the torque converter. Torque converter debris may be restricting the filter, dropping line pressure and causing the shifting issues.