UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Corsa: As I understand it, there are two relays for the windscreen…

As I understand it, there...
As I understand it, there are two relays for the windscreen and rear screen washer motor on the Corsa (2002). These as I understand it merely reverse the polarity to the screen wash motor.
The rear screen wash works perfectly. the motor works perfectly in either direction when connected to a 12 volt source. I therefore suspect the relay for the windscreen is not working or has dirty contacts.
Could you help me locate these relays?
8/2/2014
UK Auto Mechanic: vauxdoc, vauxhall master tech replied 8 years ago
vauxdoc
vauxdoc, vauxhall master tech
Welcome to Just answer, The relays are found in the BCM/relay box next to the battery, the cover is held down wit half a dozen or so T15 torx screws.

I have included a wiring diagram along with the relay locations below.

The relays are K69A and K69B ignore B86 as this is a rain sensor and I am yet to see one on a UK spec Corsa C.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.
graphic graphic graphicgraphic

vauxdoc
vauxdoc, vauxhall master tech

Thanks very much for your prompt answer. I would never have suspected there were relays inside that box.

It has saved me the bother of trying to trace the wires and possibly removing side panel covers etc, as manufacturers have habits of putting relays in strange places.

Thanks again.