How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Category: UK Car
Satisfied Customers: 21715
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Type Your UK Car Question Here...
Matt is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Zafira club: I have an 03 plate zafira and the imobiliser has

This answer was rated:

I have an 03 plate zafira and the imobiliser has come on.lights and power to car but won't turn over or anything. Any solutions please

1st thing to try is a new key fob battery

if that doesn't help then charge up or replace the main car battery and ensure that the main battery connections are bright and clean and done up tight

do the same for the engine earth strap

also check the condition of the main power fuses in the under bonnet fuse box unplug each in turn and ensure the contacts are clean and bright and the elements aren't cracked
Matt and 2 other UK Car Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi matt have tried the fuses earlier and all seem ok.have got an almost fully charged battery as all the lights and other stuff works fine and battery is showing a good charge on a meter.
Battery terminals are clean and tidy as its a recently new battery but unsure of the earth strap location or condition.i think it's an imobiliser issue as when I turn the key nothing happens at all not even a click off the starting motor.Any more help much appreciated thx.
Hello Darren

if the dash lights come on as normal then its not immobilsed

however if the dash is all dark or goes dark when try to start then yes its a immobiliser issue and sorry to say the best course of action is to get a car security firm or a dealership involved as due to the nature of the issue its not something that can be bypassed on a DIY basis

Related UK Car Questions